Why do I love Greggs? Let me count the ways | Zoe Williams

From the vegan sausage roll, to free food and drink for employees, Greggs has always had my vote. And now it seems customers agree

At the height of the vegan sausage roll furore, I was idly looking around for other things to like about Greggs, beyond that the bakery giant had enraged Piers Morgan. I was already a fan, on account of its Tottenham cake, an outsized slab of sponge with an unnaturally pink icing. That treat was invented by a Quaker in Tottenham and originally sold for a penny a slice, although that was 150 years ago; the price, at the peak of my fandom (2007), was £1.20.

Anyway, back in the vegan era (2019), I found an employee chatroom praising the chain as a broadly OK employer, with one standout comment that, even though staff were technically allowed only hot drinks for free, they regularly got a load of baked goods as well, with one sales assistant saying he ate £10 to £15 worth of free food every lunchtime. How can anyone get through that many doughnuts, sausage rolls and steak bakes? Unbelievable stomach capacity.

Continue reading...

Top rated Digital marketing. From $30 Business growth strategy Hello! I am Sam, a Facebook blueprint certified marketer. Expert in Facebook Ads, Instagram Ads, Google Ads, YouTube Ads, and SEO. I use SEMrush and other tools for data-driven research. I can build million-dollar marketing strategy for your business.
Learn more

Post a Comment

0 Comments