A cheque from Equiniti to pay my late husband’s care home fees got lost in post

Money from the sale of shares was urgently needed to fund his care, but it only arrived after my husband’s death

My 83-year-old husband had to go into a care home last year. We were self-funding, but the money soon ran out and, last October, I had to sell shares he had through share administration service Equiniti. I had registered power of attorney. The sale raised £14,720, but the cheque did not arrive, although Equiniti insisted it had been sent. This happened three times. It was made aware of the urgency, and said it would investigate, which could take 15 days. This happened twice. It refused a bank transfer.

Christmas came and went and on Boxing Day my husband died. I informed Equiniti our joint account would have to be closed and a new one opened in my sole name.

Continue reading...

Top rated Digital marketing. From $30 Business growth strategy Hello! I am Sam, a Facebook blueprint certified marketer. Expert in Facebook Ads, Instagram Ads, Google Ads, YouTube Ads, and SEO. I use SEMrush and other tools for data-driven research. I can build million-dollar marketing strategy for your business.
Learn more

Post a Comment

0 Comments